LooLoo's Box Banner

LooLoo's Box Banner
LooLoo's Box Handcrafted Jewelry: Artisan Jewelry, from Sterling to Steampunk

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ringa Ding Ding, it's Steampunk Stewie! Plus a Floral Locket, Lapis Lazuli & Steampunk Cabochons

I thought it would be fun to post pics of the three steampunk rings I've made so far.  Imagine my amazement when I downloaded the photos from my camera and saw...

I'm on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/82395969/steampunk-ring-watch-parts-forged-copper

Evil Steampunk Stewie!!!  I can't be the only one that sees that smirking, simpering little demon child in this ring, am I?  I swear it was not intentional; I didn't even see it until I looked at the photos.  I love life's little surprises.

Two more rings - these aren't possessed, at least not that I've noticed...

I'm on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/listing/82351203/steampunk-ring-genuine-watch-gears-parts

Here's a large locket I am working on - the center floral is cast resin, from a mold I took off an antique carnelian brooch.  I painted it with Gilder's Paste, and tinted the locket to match.  i like it.  :-)

I finished a necklace this morning; it's lapis, gold plated beads and silver plated beads on jeweler's brass (aka Red Brass, Merlin's Gold) wire. The lapis beads have both gold and silver metallic inclusions so I decided to mix metals, and I am so very glad I did.  I like it!  This one's going to go up on Etsy, too.

I'm on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/82359593/gemstone-necklace-lapis-lazuli-gold


I also unmolded a whole bunch of cast resin steampunk cabochons, some of which I am especially pleased with. I'm going to have some fun with these!




'Twas a good day in LooLoo's Box!

Until next time,

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment